Your favorite tech gist crooner is back with The Big 5 Daily!
Big news! The Mobile World Congress for 2020 has been canceled. Yes, you read right! The 33-year-old showcase was canceled due to the Corona virus outbreak, as big tech companies pulled out in a bid to guarantee the safety of their staff and customers.
Next, Ecobank partnered with Alipay—Jack Ma’s owned fintech platform to foster cross border payment in Africa. They will leverage the deal to ensure swift and seamless global payment on individual platforms.
See also:The Big 5 Daily: 12th February 2020
Intego, a bike taxi startup based in Tunisia, has secured $300000 funding. The startup plans to expand its services and launch a food delivery service with the latest financing.
Also, ThankUCash, a Nigeria-based analytics company, has been selected for the 26th batch of 500 startups accelerator program. The startup is the only African startup selected for the program. They stand to gain $150,000 in funding in exchange for six percent equity, training, mentorship, and networking access.
Finally, Samsung has unveiled its flagship devices for the year. The smartphone giant unveiled five different devices, including the Galaxy S20 (three versions), the Galaxy Z Flip, and Galaxy buds.
Thanks for joining!
More on TechGist Africa:
- For Him & For Her; Top Tech Inspired Gifts for Valentine
- Internet Connection fully Restored in DR Congo 22 days After Damage of Undersea Cables
- Aella Raises $10m in a Debt Funding Round for Financial Inclusion in West Africa
- 54Gene Launches African Centre for Translational Genomics
- Facebook, Google Announces Safer Internet Programme for Africa
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.