Telkom—a South Africa-based wireline and wireless telecommunications provider is the official gaming and connectivity partner of Comic-Con Africa— the producer of pop culture events. The telecom has announced it will reward the winning team of the Telkom VS Gaming Masters Tournament with the sum of $77k.
Famous as the largest esports league in Africa, the tournament will cut across video games like; DoTA 2 and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO).
The Esport segment was featured for the first time at the Comic-Con Africa 2018. The 2019 attendees will have the opportunity to partake in a wide range of activities like Cosplay Competitions. Participants will witness panels hosted by video game developers and artists and enjoy all these in addition to the esports tournaments.
Wanda Mkhize, Executive Content Producer for Telkom VS Gaming said, “the world of gaming, and esports respectively, is rapidly growing in Africa and platforms like Telkom VS gaming play an important role in facilitating the movement with tournaments that allow gamers to connect.”
The event will feature guests like Warren Louw, Simangaliso Sibaya, Leeanna Vamp and Leon Chiro, Anthony Mackie, Daniel Gillies, and William Shatner. Troy Baker and Nolan North will host the event’s panels, YouTube series, and Retro Replay.
The second edition of Comic-Con Africa is scheduled for the 21st- 24th of September 2019 at the Gallagher Convention Centre.
More on TechGist Africa:
- Nigeria-based Carbon Expands to Kenya, Deepens Offerings with Micro Health insurance
- Angola endorses Electronic Payment System for Foreign Trade Facilitation
- Coderina partners Google to coach 3000 Youths Under Google’s CSFirst Code Club
- Asikana Network, Facebook to launch eZibo Digital Literacy Program in Zambia
- See the Two Nigerian Startups selected For Shell Global Innovation Prize
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.