OpenView HD (OVHD), a Free to View Direct Broadcast Satellite television provider in South Africa which is run by Platco Digital, will start to air live English Premier League matches from this weekend onwards. OpenView HD offers its viewers access to about 20 South African channels.
The TV company will, however, show one live match every week. The matches to be shown will feature popular teams like; Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, or Tottenham Hotspur.
Founded in 2016, OpenView entertains users through the local and foreign content it airs across 20 TV stations. OVHD offers its service via a decoder and users get to access the channels for free after the purchase of the device. The service is alleged to add 30,000 new users each month with its total number of users at 1.57 million.
The Premier League is famous in the sporting field content due to the number of consumers it commands. Multichoice’s DSTV has dominated satellite TV in Africa due to its sports content that includes Premier League and the UEFA champions league. OVHD’s step towards airing the match is a huge step in the direction, as it could channel more growth. The company plans to add more of such sports content in the future.
More on TechGist Africa:
- NCC Industry Stats June 2019 Reveals Low Internet Subscribers
- Namibian-based Paratus expands Its Mobile LTE Network
- NOTS Solar Partners Rwandan Government to Invest $70 Million in Solar Home Systems Manufacturing
- Meet the Fifteen Winners of Mastercard Foundation Social Venture Challenge
- Vivendi Partners Rwanda Development Board to develop Kigali Cultural village
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.