Samsung announced via its Samsung newsroom that the much-anticipated phone model will be available today the 6th of September 2019. According to them, the model will be available across stores in Korea, France, Germany, Singapore, the UK, and the US. This model will be the first model to be released amongst the Samsung Galaxy Fold series.
The initial launch date for the Galaxy Fold was the 26th of April 2019 for the US and the 3rd of May 2019 for Europe. However, this couldn’t be pulled off due to screen issues that occurred while being used by reviewers. It was alleged that the screen issues could ruin Samsung’s reputation but Patrick Moorhead, the founder of Moor Insights & Strategy, dismissed the suggestions.
This present launch, however, suggests that Samsung has fixed all screen issues that the Galaxy Fold encountered earlier.
Set at $1,980, the Galaxy Fold comes with the following features; 12GB RAM, 512GB storage, and six cameras. The model has three cameras at the back, two on the big screen and one selfie camera. The phone can pass as a tablet and a pocketable phone.
According to DJ Koh, Head of Samsung’s mobile business, they aim to break boundaries within the tech ecosystem and as well as inspire innovations in the smartphone industry. He noted that the future is about to begin.
More on TechGist Africa:
- Nigerian Government Commissions Africa’s Largest Off-Grid Plant at Bayero University, Kano
- Facebook to Hide Like Counts and Boost Users’ Mental Health
- South African-based Erada Receives €288,000 fund for Malaria Test Kit Invention
- Truecaller Crosses 1 Million Premium Subscribers, Unveils New Spam Blocking Feature
- Accion Venture Lab unveils $23 Million Inclusive Fintech Startup Fund