Safaricom, a telco based in Kenya has partnered with Travelport global travel reservation provider to integrate M-Pesa its payments service, into Travelport. Safaricom will leverage the partnership to offer its customers access to a simplified payment process to enable them to book trips, hotel accommodation, hire transport and pay with M-Pesa.
This partnership helps Travelport to curb the need for manual agents to update the information of customers on its Travelport platform.
Nita Nagi, Regional Manager of Travelport said, “Today’s development brings the speed and convenience of M-PESA to Travelport, the more than 800 travel agents they serve, and their customers.” The Chief Executive Officer of Safaricom, Michael Joseph also said, “We are pleased that the travel industry is set to benefit from increased efficiency and ease of doing business, reducing the time and effort it takes to make bookings and reservations.” She noted that their commerce platform aims to offer the ultimate travel experience for customers.
Travelport leverages technology to operate a travel commerce platform providing distribution, payment and other solutions for the global travel ecosystem. It is a B-2-B platform that facilitates travel commerce for commuters with online and offline travel buyers.
More on TechGist Africa:
- Nigeria-based Digital-only Bank Kuda secures $1.6 Million
- London-based Do It Now Now to Boost 19 African Startups via AfriTech XYZ program
- Google’s New policy Hacks Down Short Term Loan on Google Play
- Egypt-based Doctoorum secures undisclosed Funding
- Alibaba partners Rwanda to Launch a 4-year eCommerce Training for Rwandan students