FNB, a South African-based financial institution, is set to launch a new e-learning app for entrepreneurs dubbed Fundaba for SMEs. This is in a bid to empower SMEs and in alliance with its commitment to the growth of SMEs.
Fundaba is a free interactive e-learning platform that makes use of video, audio and quiz content to train entrepreneurs on business management and growth.
The Business Chief Executive Officer of FNB, Mike Vacy Lyle, described the decision to launch the app as a move to partake in the life cycle of SMEs from incubation, to the onset of the business, then business running and growth. He noted that the App will enable the development of SMEs in South Africa.
The digital app will offer 12 courses that will cover the 4 life cycles of a typical business which incubates, start, run and grow. These courses are taught in English, Afrikaans, isiZulu, isiXhosa, and Sesotho.
SMEs on the platform will be able to provide feedback on various educational chapters. This will promote the effectiveness and relevance of the content to users.
More on TechGIst Africa:
- Rwandan-based Mara Launches New Phone Factory in South Africa
- Jumia Launches New Tech Hub in Egypt to Aid Jumia Pay Services
- Nigerian National Assembly Proposes 9% Tax on Electronic Communication Services
- AICPA and CPA.com Startup Accelerator Calls Accounting Startups for Submission
- Helios Tower Raises $364mn on London Stock Exchange
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.