Plentywaka has deepened its service offering by unveiling a Scan and Ride feature. Commuters will leverage the new feature to check in, check out and also download the app.
Founded in September 2019, Plentywaka is a bus sharing platform that leverages technology to offer commuters swift and affordable transport services. The platform during its test drive last year revealed that it will be adding new vehicles to its fleet and also expand its existing routes.
In the wake of the recently unveiled feature, Plentywaka also launched new routes. The new routes will cut across CMS-Awoyaya-CMS axis.
Plentywaka launched in September with 25 vehicles. After 5 months of successful piloting, the platform grew its fleet through the Plentywaka Vehicle Partnership Scheme introduced to accommodate new users.
The Partnership scheme allows users the opportunity to register their vehicles on the platform for free with an opportunity to earn about 500k monthly. The Scheme works in 3 ways, viz;
- The Vehicle Onboarding package: this grants vehicle owners access to register their vehicles on the platform.
- Vehicle Lease Financing package: the package provides opportunity for individuals to incur 30% of equity cost, while the remaining 70% is provided by a Vehicle Leasing Company.
- The Vehicle Purchase with Cars 45: this allows users to simply sign up to purchase and register vehicles on the platform.
It is pertinent to note that all the vehicles remain the assets of its owners. It will not belong to Plentywaka or its partners.
Within 5 months of operation, Plentywaka has achieved over 20,000 ride bookings monthly. They transport more than 1000 riders on a daily basis. The platform has also recorded over 20,000 mobile app downloads.