Plentywaka has announced new route coverage in Lagos Nigeria. The on-demand bus-sharing platform has extended its route from the Ajah to CMS axis to include Ahmadu Bello Way to Ademola Adetokunbo.
Intending passengers within the new axis can now order for Plentywaka services from the new route to Ajah. This was revealed during the test drive event held today at its office in Lagos, Nigeria.
Plentywaka unveiled in September 2019 with 25 buses. This is in a bid to ease the traffic bustle and tussle lifestyle of Lagosians. The platform offers a unique model that allows riders to move around in style and safety.
Since its inception with 25 buses, the Plentywaka app has had over 8000 mobile downloads. The platform has also moved over 500 daily riders. These numbers beat its initial target to engage over a thousand people within a year.
Recently, Plentywaka unveiled the beta version of its mobile app dubbed ‘Plentywaka 2.0’. The version introduced services like Wakapurse, a multi-rider feature, a better user navigation system and a referral icon.
See Also:See the Beta Version of PlentyWaka
Jonny Enagwolor, the Managing Director of Plentywaka said they will be increasing their fleet to 100 buses. This will take effect by the first week of January. He said they unveiled the Plentywaka vehicle partnership model on the 10th of December 2019. This is in a bid to allow people to on-board their vehicle on Plentywaka.
In his words, “What we have done so far is actually to use the 25 buses we have gotten so far, to test the model and set a standard. People are used to the standard we have right now, they enjoy the services we have right now. They enjoy comfort, convenience, and safety and the feedback is amazing. We’ve returned valuables to riders who forget them on the bus.”
Explaining the partnership model, Jonny noted that the model will allow people to bring buses on the platform and earn returns on their investments. “ Partners are guaranteed a monthly revenue of #500,000 to #800,000, when they on-board their vehicle on the system. We will receive 30% while our partners will receive 70% of the revenue generated,” he said.
Intending partners who do not have buses to onboard the platform can also invest 30% equity of the total cost of the capital. There is a partnership in place with a finance company to fund the remaining 70%. The Finance company will receive 70% of the revenue while the partner will receive 30%. The partner will eventually become the asset owner.
— Tech Gist Africa (@techgistafrica) December 12, 2019
Afolabi Oluseyi, VP Operations Plentywaka listed the feature upgrades to the Plentywaka 2.0. The upgrade includes Wakapurse to Wakapurse transfer, swift onboarding of the passengers, phone number authentication, and easier navigation. The 2.0 version eliminates the upfront debit of the Wakapurse before the bus arrival. It does not encourage surge pricing just like the 1.0.
Afolabi noted that they are in talks with Moneify to create a bank account to Wakapurse funding model.
The event ended with a test-drive from Lekki Phase 1 bus-stop to Bonny camp bus-stop and back to Lekki Phase 1.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.