CHINIKI GUARD is a brainchild of Stephen Osawaru. The solution is used to detect shoplifting while providing real analysis of activities going on in the shop. This is achieved by analyzing information from CCTV cameras with the aid of Artificial Intelligence and through a connected video analysis app to give instant reports to shop owners.
Other winners announced for the innovation at the SuperNova challenge include;
- ASBBSS (Adaptive Seat Belt-Based Safety System) UAE for being the best Emirati Startup
- Egypt-based Furnwish won the Best Female-Led Startup SHERO won the Best Gen-Z Startup in the UAE
- Belgian’s Albert won the Best International Startup
- US-based Chatdesk won the Best Scaleup startup
- Smartsound Corporation won the Best Youth Startup
- Asel Tech won the best environmental Impact
- Mand.ro Co. Ltd won the Best Social Impact startup
- Pure Harvest won the Best startup in MENA and the GCC
All the above-listed startups were each awarded $10,000. It is worthy to note that before the final announcement of SuperNova champions yesterday, Chiniki and 247Medic were the two Nigerian startups that made it to the Semi-final stage of the challenge. They were nominated amidst the 108 startups that participated in the challenge.
In another development, the Director-General of the National Information Technology Development Agency, Rafiu Inuwa has expressed his satisfaction with the startup’s Win. The DG said Chiniki Guard’s performance reveals that Nigerian youths are creative.
He, however, resounded the agency’s commitment to yearly sponsor startups to GITEX week in Dubai to enhance exposure and global experience.
More on TechGIst Africa:
- Egypt-based Hive secures $400000, Improves Ride-hailing Platform for Kids
- China Enlarges Influence in Africa with $72.23billion Investments
- Uganda joins other African Countries to Fight against Cryptocurrencies, warns Users
- Facebook Extends Fact-checking Feature to 10 African Countries
- 5 African Startups get Shortlisted for AfricaCom AHUB Pitch & Win Programme
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.