Multichoice online on-demand video service platform, ShowMax revealed that it will be adding the Bafana Bafana Afcon football to its live-streaming sports feature. This is coming after the company announced that they will be rolling out live-sports on the platform from the 14th of June 2019.
The service which was initially made available to selected customers in South Africa during the testing phase later became available to all customers at R99 per month. The company that they will offer the new service at the old price of R99 and see how customers will interact with the service. They also revealed that the service will consist of magazine shows, highlight clips and live-streamed games from; Cricket World Cup and SuperSport Rugby Challenge matches.
Showmax’s new sport will be available on all Showmax apps and platforms except on Apple TV, Xbox, PlayStation and some Smart TVs, whose support will soon be added. However, ShowMax’s sports content is exclusively available in South Africa for now.
This move to live-stream the Afcon 2019 games will accord football fans to stream the game anywhere on the ShowMax. The move will also distinguish ShowMax from rival companies Netflix and Amazon Prime video.
More on TechGist Africa:
- Slack’s Direct listing on NYSE hits 49%
- Nigeria’s Kudimoney obtains Microfinance Bank License, changes Brand Identity to Kuda
- Facebook unveils, New Digital Currency
- Applications now Open for 2019/2020 Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation
- Techpreneur of the Week: Temie Giwa-Tubosun, Giving people the chance to live