Miss.Africa Initiative, led by DotConnectAfrica Academy, announced a $5000 Seed Fund in Africa to support women and girls in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields. The 2019 Seed Grant will enable them launch or expand their own initiatives and will increase their digital opportunities in IT-related training, jobs and leadership roles.
The program is interested in learning about successful activities that are currently supporting women and girls in STEM, and through this effort, will identify how to support scalability and impacts.
A second category of $1000 will be granted to two other applicants from emerging African countries that create further socio-economic value for women by effectively leveraging tech opportunities.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Current resident of an African country (including North and Sub-Saharan Africa).
- Application must be submitted in English.
- Apply as an individual (at least 18 years of age), a representative of a non-governmental organization (NGO) or social enterprise based in Africa.
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience in conducting activities that support women and girls in Computer Science or STEM fields.
- Commitment to develop and contribute to a virtual community for supporting women and girls.
- Demonstrated leadership potential (references will be required for those applying for leadership funds).
- Proposed projects MUST have a tangible impact on women and girls in Computer Science and/or STEM related fields.
Preference will be given to projects that target under-served populations and communities through innovative use of technology.
Projects eligible for grant funding include, but are not limited to:
Computer science workshops and trainings for women and girls
Early incubation of female tech entrepreneurs
Programming and App development training programs
Hackathons and coding boot camps for girls
Miss.Africa Digital Fund Online Application opens: March 10, 2019
Miss.Africa Digital Seed Fund Application Deadline: July 2, 2019
Round IV of Miss.Africa Digital grants announced: September 2019
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.