The Mauritian Edtech startup, Eco-Warriors has won the local Seedstars Port Louis Pitch Competition. It is qualified to compete for the $500000 regional stage of the Seedstars Port Louis pitch event.
Eco-Warriors is the first ecological and environmental mobile game to offer ecological mobile education games to children. The ed-tech makes use of comic books and games to teach waste sorting and recycling.
The education game app won the pitch, having contested with startups like Property233, Tutoo+, Roomscout, Nutri You Farm & Shop, Fundkiss Technologies, Flit Ride, and AVR Plato Technology at the event.
With this achievement, Eco-warrior will contest for the $500,000 prize at the regional competition that will be held in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Before this feat, the Eco-Warriors game was recognized and patronized by the United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization UNESCO. This made it the first gaming app that received patronage from international organizations.
More on TechGist Africa:
- Farmcrowdy Commits to Promote #ZeroHunger on World Food Day
- ECOWAS to Scrap International Roaming Charges for Citizens
- Old Mutual Leverages Amazon Web Services for Cloud Storage
- Telco Operators in Ghana Barred from Expiring Voice & Data Bundles
- Rwandan-based Mara Launches New Phone Factory in South Africa
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.