Lentera Africa has won the $5000 Innov8Agric Challenge grand prize. The startup received the prize at the recently concluded Meet the Farmers Conference (MTFC) held in Dubai.
Lentera was one of the startups we informed you about that emerge finalists of the Innov8Agric challenge. The startup won the challenge, having vied for the prize with over 1000 agritech startups.
Lentera is a one-stop-shop for precision agriculture, climate-smart inputs, and conservation agriculture. The agritech solution enables farmers to understand, predict, and adapt to change in climatic conditions.
The judges judged the startups through the following criteria;
- Originality- This evaluates the uniqueness of the startup’s idea.
- Profitability- How marketable the idea or the solution is to the public.
- Sustainability- It measures the impact and usefulness of the solution to the agro-economy, and
- Pitch Quality- This measures the effectiveness of the pitch and how it tends to corroborate the purpose of the challenge.
The runners up-Acquameyer and AgriGo received various levels of funding and partnership opportunities.
The innov8Agric Challenge is an offshoot of the Meet the Farmers Conference MTFC. The Challenge promotes ideas and enterprises that focus on agriculture and help to improve agro-businesses.
Hearty cheers to the winning startup-Lentera and the runners up. We look forward to seeing the startups utilize the funding to scale their businesses and contribute to achieving a sustainable agro-economy in Africa and the GCC region.
More on TechGist Africa
- Jumia Shuts Down ECommerce Operations in Tanzania
- Nigeria’s FRSC Clarifies the Use of Google Maps on Transit Ban
- CBN to eradicate Cyber Fraud via New BVN Rules
- Meet Chukwuemeka Fred Agbata (CFA) Founder Institute’s New Regional Director
- Twitter Pause Move to Delete Inactive Username and Account
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.