Jumia has launched a new tech hub in Egypt to promote its e-payment technology service, Jumia Pay.
E-commerce and e-payment in Africa have come to stay. The continent has witnessed the launch of several e-payment platforms like Opay, Flutterwave, Jumia Pay amidst others. It is pertinent to note that each of these platforms having processed millions of funds in 2019. The continuous demand for its service prompted Jumia to launch the tech hub in Egypt.
Jumia believes that launching the hub in Egypt will not only enable the e-commerce platform to serve the ever-growing Egyptian market but also make the country the nerve of Jumia’s e-payment technology.
Jumia will hire and train a team of developers and engineers at the new hub to aid the synchronization of Jumia pay and provide tech support for online payment. The hub will also offer employment and training to Egyptian youth m in the field of E-payment services.
The hub will aid Egypt to become the spark of online payment entrepreneurship in Africa. The Chief Executive Officer of Jumia Egypt, Hesham Safwat has applauded the launch. He noted that the decision to choose Egypt as the host country is prompted by the country’s strong leadership and its exceptional pace in digital transformation and financial inclusion.
More on TechGIst Africa:
- Nigerian National Assembly Proposes 9% Tax on Electronic Communication Services
- AICPA and CPA.com Startup Accelerator Calls Accounting Startups for Submission
- Telco Operators in Ghana Barred from Expiring Voice & Data Bundles
- Enygma Ventures Launched $6.8M Fund to Support South African Female Startups
- Lidya, Nigerian SME Lending Platform Expands to Europe
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.