Google founders, Larry Page and Sergey Brin have resigned from their various roles at Alphabet. Alphabet Inc. is Google’s parent company.
Regarding the resignation, Google CEO Sundar Pichai will take over from Larry Page as CEO Alphabet, while Sergey’s position as President will be removed.
This resignation will end Larry and Sergey’s 21 years active management at Alphabet. But they will continue as shareholder and co-founders.
According to Larry and Sergey’s blog post, it has been a privilege to be involved in the management of the company. They noted that they believe it’s time to step aside and assume an advisory role.
Alphabet came into existence in 2015, after a corporate restructuring of Google. The restructuring made it the parent company of Google and other subsidiaries. Some of the subsidiaries include; Waymo, Verily, Calico, Sidewalk Labs and Loon.
On why Sergey’s role is being removed, Larry and Sergey said, “Alphabet and Google no longer needs two CEOs and a President. Going forward, Sundar will be the CEO of both Google and Alphabet.”
They noted that Sundar will become responsible and accountable for leading Google, and managing Alphabet’s investment.
More on TechGist Africa
- MTN Launches MTN Homeland Its Mobile Remittance Application
- Microsoft & AfDB Launches New Digital Skills Training Platform
- NCC Report: Telco’s gain over 800,000 Internet Subscribers in October
- NileSat, French-based Thales Alenia to Manufacture 301 Communication Satellites
- Truecaller Report blames Telecom Operators for 85% Spam Calls & SMS in Nigeria