Ghanaian Electoral Commission has introduced a digital tool for the ongoing voters’ registration exercise, ahead of the coming elections. The Commission took this measure to enhance social distancing protocols across all registrationcentersin the country.
The digital queue management system will enable applicants to book slots before leaving home for the registration ground. Voters can book slots by following these steps:
- Dial *769#
- Select event management (option 3)
- Check in to event or venue
- Enter registration center code
The voter will receive a text message containing details of the reserved slot at the chosen local registration center. Another way to book a slot is to visit PanaBIOS.org to sign up and follow the prompts for event registration. The voter can search for the registration center code on the platform and follow a process that is similar to the USSD to register.
According to the Electoral Commission, the strategy will help limit the number of people that wants to register at any given time. It will make the registrationcentersto be safer for both citizens and officials. However, social distancing does not negate the use of face masks and sanitizers.
More on TechGist Africa:
- Debunking Conspiracy Theories Relating COVID-19 to 5G
- KCCA Bans Boda Boda from Plying Major Roads in Uganda
- Jack Ma’s Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative Shortlists 50 Finalists
- Orange Launches Orange Bank Africa, its Mobile Money Service
- CBK to Regulate Interest Rate Charges of Digital Lenders in Kenya
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.