Facebook has launched Facebook Accelerator: Commerce, a 12-week program to support innovative commerce startups in Africa, Europe, and the Middle East. The program will connect, train, and help businesses to sell online.
Facebook aims to set up a unified shopping experience across all of its apps. The non-equity program seeks out commerce startups to build technology for renewed shopping experiences of buyers and sellers. Startups should be able to develop:
- Technology that makes it quick and easy for companies to upload and manage inventory online
- Functional and intelligent solutions that enrich product catalog
- Shopping experiences that help buyers make more informed purchasing decisions
- New and existing solutions that drive innovation and enhance shopping experiences
Applying commerce startups must be a B2B or B2C that have raised Seed to Series A funds. The startups should have evidence of significant business growth and revenue, and products that focus on a diverse leadership team that is hungry to learn from Facebook.
The benefits of applying to the Facebook Accelerator: Commerce include mentorship, access to Facebook’s products and technologies, training, workshop, and connections with Facebook experts.
The application is currently ongoing and closes on 31 August 2020. Interested commerce startups can apply here.
More on TechGist Africa:
- MTN Announces Grand Exit Plan of the Middle East Region
- Liquid Telecom Transitions to Liquid Intelligent Technologies & Retrenches Staff
- Ghanaian Electoral Commission Introduces Technology for Ongoing Voter Registration for Elections
- Jack Ma’s Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative Shortlists 50 Finalists
- Do you want to be a Zoom Pro? Here is how