Trella connects shippers and carriers in real-time. The platform leverages data to increase drivers routes and also increase the volume of backloads.
YCombinator is notable for supporting the growth of companies like Airbnb, Dropbox, Stripe, Reddit, and Doordash. YComibnators support will aid in growing Trella’s commitment to digitizing trucking.
Trella was founded in 2018 by CEO and former Omar Hagrass, and CTO Pierre Saad. The company aims to grow the trucking industry. Trella said YC creates an opportunity for partnership with other YC companies, alumni and access to YC’s network of investors, mentors, and partners.
Trella raised $600 000 in a pre-series round earlier in the year to will be used for capacity acquisition, carrier education and also, expansion of its product portfolio.
According to Omar Hagrass, Trella’s CEO, they are happy to join the famous YC program. He said YC has been super valuable as it has cemented their position with investors, partners, and stakeholders.
Trella, however, is the only African startup who announced that it will be joining YC’s S19 batch. We will update you if more African startups come up.
More on TechGist Africa:
- Pakistani’s Airlift Secures $2.2 Million, Expands to Kenya
- Diageo Plc Set to Invest $219 Million in Renewable Energy across Its African Factories
- Safaricom invests $4 Million in M-Pesa to foster Its Cross-Border Expansion
- CrossBoundary Energy Access, PowerGen Set to Invest $5.5m in Mini-grid Project across Tanzania
- SA’s OpenView (OVHD) to Broadcast English Premier League this Season
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.