DHL- a global logistics company has expanded Africa eShop — it’s online eCommerce business to 13 new markets. This expansion upgrades its African presence to 34.
Africa eShop went live in April 2019, to connect African shoppers to over 200 US and UK sellers. The app operates via MallforAfrica.com’s white label fulfillment service, Link Commerce. This allows Africa eShop users to shop directly from the apps partners websites.
This expansion comes after Africa eShop’s expansion to 9 markets in May 2019. The current expansion cuts across Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Chad, Ethiopia, Guinea, Lesotho, Namibia, Niger, Sudan, Togo, and Zimbabwe. The company intends to expand across all 54 African countries in the future.
The eCommerce platform leverages local fintech options like; Paga and M-Pesa to process payments. In essence, Africans can leverage the Africa eShop to shop across top brands and have it shipped to their doorstep as long as they have a phone and a bank account. The company is offering incentives to lure first-time digital consumers to their service.
According to Techcrunch, the company will be launching with a buy 5 items and get a $20 flat shipping fee promo.
More on TechGist Africa:
- ABAN & Afrilabs collaborates to Launch Catalyst for African Startups
- Village Capital Selects 9 Startups for Agriculture Africa Accelerator 2019
- Applications now open for MAN Impact Accelerator 2019
- Lithuanian-based DappRadar secures $2.33 Million from Naspers to Scale Growth & Expansion
- Google’s New Policy Bans Ads Promoting Speculative and Experimental Medical Treatment
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.