Crop2Cash, an agritech startup focused on providing financial services to the agribusiness value chain in Nigeria, has emerged winner of the Seedstars World pitch contest held today at the official launch of the Seedspace GrowthLab event in Lagos Nigeria. The agritech startup was selected amongst 9 other startups that participated in the contest.
The other startups that pitched at the Seedstars World Lagos include Foodlocker, Lucy.ng, Asusu, Pronov, Trades of Africa, Doctoora, Publiseer, One Kiosk Africa and Edusko. The first and second runner-up were Doctoora and Traders of Africa respectively in a keenly contested pitchfest held at the newly inaugurated Seedspace Lagos Hub in Lekki, Lagos.
Crop2Cash is an agritech startup that offers digital banking services to agricultural enterprises across Nigeria. It makes financial services accessible to farmers through CashCard, a product that financially captures the unbanked and underbanked smallholder farmers in rural Nigeria. It also provides access to basic banking services that can be accessed online, offline and via USSD.
Crop2Cash will join the other finalists from different African cities at the Seedstars African Regional Summit in Johannesburg, South Africa at the end of the year, and the Seedstars Global Summit next year.
More on TechGist Africa:
- Opay Faces Backlash over Unscrupulous Transfer Charges
- Nigerian Senate set to Impose N150,000 Fine or 3 Years Imprisonment on Social Media Regulation Offenders
- Workz $ Econet Collaborates to Provide eSIMs for Mobile Subscribers in Zimbabwe
- Kenya-based Sendy secures $2 Million to Expand Across East Africa
- LinkedIn Launches Open for Business to Support Freelancers and Small Business Owners on its Platform
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.