The application is open for startups to apply for the 2020 VC4A Venture Showcase. It is open to Africa-based startups with disruptive innovations that are looking to raise a Series A funding round between $500000 to $10 million.
VC4A is organizing this Venture Showcase in collaboration with AWS Activate. From 2017 to 2019, VC4A selected 60 startups from across Africa, resulting in several Series A rounds totaling over $100 million. This collaborative effort with AWS Activate is part of its efforts to connect startups with investors. It is an exclusive opportunity for startups to pitch to a range of investors interested in Africa’s early-stage startups.
The startup must operate for-profit and registered independent legal entity; must have a product or service that generates revenue; must be based in Africa; and has already received external investment, either as equity or debt, from donor organizations.
The benefits of applying include;
- Being recognized as 2020 VC4A Venture Showcase entrepreneur
- Participation in the VC4A Venture Showcase deal room, including 150+ early-stage investor organizations
- Professional edited 3-minute virtual pitch
- 30 min deep-dive session with investors in a private room
- Mentorship and pitch training by partner VC investors
- AWS Activate offers selected cohort AWS credits ranging from $10,000 to $25,000, tools, resources, and more.
- Joining the alumni network and having exclusive access to fundraising opportunities
Applicationsopenon the 16th of July and end on the 14th of August 2020.
More on TechGist Africa:
- Kenya-based PayGo Set to Expand Its Operations to Asia
- Crenov8 Joins in the Fight Against COVID-19, Unveils Smart Disinfection Gate
- Uber launches Uber Cash in Africa with Flutterwave & Other Integrations
- Solar Leasing Startup Sun Exchange Secures $3 Million Funding, Set to Expand across Africa
- Uzoma Dozie’s Sparkle Officially Launches in Nigeria, Secures CBN License
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.