Winich Farms, an agritech platform based in Nigeria is offering discount and last-mile deliver on their bulk rice purchases to Nigerians. This offer is coming in right at the nick of time, considering the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the general populace.
Founded in 2016, Winich Farms is an agritech platform that paves way for individuals to become active agro stakeholders. The platform aims to scale the standard of living of smallholder farmers through seed funding, sensitization and the introduction of modern farming techniques.
As most parts of Nigeria is currently on lock down after the numbers of COVID-19 infected people soared affecting residents of Lagos, Abuja and Ogun States who have followed the federal government order. Prices for goods and services tripled afterwards as residents and citizens plunged into panic shopping mood. Getting into stores to even get groceries was a big challenge, as there were long queues at major grocery stores due to Social Distancing directive as well.
As a result of this, Winich Farms is looking to ease this economic challenge by reducing the price per bag of rice in the country to N17,000 and also last-mile delivery of the product to interested buyers who reside in Lagos, (as this is the most hit by the pandemic). This offer to purchase Sortexed Parboiled Rice at a highly discounted price of 17,000 Naira for 50 kg (as against the standard retail cost) will be available as stock lasts.
This is one of the ways the startup is looking to fulfill their mission to help improve Nigeria’s food security challenge and reduce hunger in undeserved communities.
Here’s how to order;
- Visit the Winich website.
- Login and navigate to the Product section.
- Select the product and quantity you would like to purchase and then click on “Add to Cart”.
- Click on proceed.
- Enter your shipping address, select mode of payment and click on process.
- Select Payment Method and click on process to proceed to payment.
- Once your payment is approved, an acknowledging email will be sent to you and a representative from Winich Farms will reach out to you instantly.
The order can be done from the comfort of your home and will be delivered directly to your doorstep.
More on TechGist Africa:
- AfDB Raises $3 billion Post Covid-19 Support Fund for Africa
- Microsoft, Facebook & Others Partner WHO for COVID-19 Hackathon
- YouTube Decreases Video Quality to Ease Bandwidth Usage During Covid-19 Outbreak
- JET Motor, a Nigerian Automobile Company Set to Manufacture Africa’s First Electric Vehicles
- Safaricom Introduces P2P Payment Waiver to Prevent Covid-19 Outbreak in Kenya