Venture Capital for Africa (VC4A) is looking for 8 innovative, high-growth scale-ups for its VC4A 2018 Venture Showcase – Series A to showcase at the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit on Nov 11-12 in Cape Town.
This is a great opportunity for scale-ups operating in Africa, generating revenue already to raise between $250K and $5M.
Africa’s early stage investor community convenes on November 11th and 12th for the 5th Africa Early Stage Investor Summit. This exclusive investor-only event, will be hosted at the Workshop17 in Cape Town, South Africa, with the aim of uniting key ecosystem stakeholders from across the continent and beyond, to exchange best practices, learn from peers and recent transactions, and do deals.
- Company must be for-profit and registered as an independent legal entity;
- Company must have a product or service available on the market and generate revenue;
- Scale-ups’ product or service is clearly innovative and/or business model is new, disruptive and designed for scale;
- A very strong management team of at least 3 people;
- Scale-ups team must be based in one or more countries on the African continent;
- Company must be seeking Series A investment in the range of $250K – $5M;
- While there will be exceptions, most Scale-ups’ start-ups must have already received external investment, structured as either debt or equity, or received grants from donor organizations.
- Innovativeness and Scalability (25%)
Scale-up companies addresses real problems in the market innovatively. Their product or service is different from others in the industry. Business model is new, disruptive and designed for scale.
- Strategy for Growth (25%)
There is potential to expand into new markets or expand at home. Scale-ups must have a clear strategy on growing their company and VC4A see demonstrable progress in terms of customer acquisition plans, new contracts, and key partnerships.
- Management team (25%)
The team has the qualifications needed to make the business successful.
- Market Traction & Financials (25%)
VC4A 2018 will evaluate scale-ups market traction and look at the potential market size. VC4A will also look at company business model, revenue streams and unit economics, and in case any outside funding has been raised before.
Application period – June 11 – August 20
Selection process / investor review / interviews – August 20 – September 29
Showcase participants announced – October 1
Working on presentations with mentors (VC investors) – October 1 – November 9
Pitch practice with investor feedback – November 10
VC4A 2018 Venture Showcase – Series A at Africa Early Stage Investor Summit – November 12
AfricaCom and AHUB participation – November 13-15
Innovation tour – November 14
AfricArena participation – November 14-16
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply here
More Tech Stories:
- The Big 5 Daily: Jack Ma Launches $10m African Entrepreneurs Prize, Ecobank Fintech Challenge and More
- TechPreneur Of The Week: Justin Stanford; 4DI Capital
- African Startups Can Now Apply to Participate and Pitch at Finnovation Event in Ethiopia
- Outlier Venture Lab Opens $20,000 Application for Nigerian Tech Start-up
- TechPreneur Of The Week: Iyinoluwa Aboyeji, From EduTech To FinTech; A True African TechStar