Sudpay which enables municipalities to collect more revenue by digitising the collection of local taxes has become the area’s first tourism enterprise.
At the competition, Dakar Lives and on-demand delivery startup; Paps came in second and third respectively.
The winning start-up will represent Senegal at the global Seedstars Summit, Switzerland in 2018 where it stands to win up to $1-million in equity investments. Seedstars World’s next African pitch events, Seedstars Nairobi and Seedstars Kinshasa, are both set to take place on 21 September
Established in 2014, Sudpay claimed to have operations in eight Francophone countries: Gabon, Ivory Coast, Guinea, Burkina Faso, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), the Congo and Cameroon.
The start-up’s team includes co-founders Samba Sow, project manager Moustapha Fall, marketing director Meissa Diop and customer service manager Bamba Khouma. Some of Sudpay’s products include digital ticketing solutions for events, merchant payment solutions and automated payment systems for the transport industry.
More Tech Stories:
- Nigerian, Ghanaian Start-up Selected for 2018 Google’s Developer Launchpad Studio
- Shell LiveWIRE Picks Two Nigerian Companies for Its Innovations Awards
- MEST Africa Splashes $700,000 on Seven African Start-ups
- Alibaba’s CEO, Daniel Zhang to Succeed Jack Ma as the Company’s Chairman Next Year
- Blockbank Buys Stake in in Kenya’s Spire Bank