Applications are now open for the Viva Technology Challenge 2019 to Start-ups in Africa who can develop efficient AI-based technologies to tackle problems in the agriculture industry.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) in agriculture represents a collection of multiple technologies able to help prediction and monitoring functions. Combined with existing systems and human resources, these technologies can help solve key challenges.
The challenge invites start-ups to show how AI can help generate a self-sustaining growth in the AgriTech industry.
The challenge is looking for AI based technologies and products that can;
- Help predict and monitor climatic impacts (using data and predictive schemes) and/or assets;
- Integrate with existing systems and infrastructures, including limited connectivity areas;
- Integrate with existing systems and infrastructures, without needing a significant investment;
- Take into account the collaboration between employees and AI, especially regarding skills needed to use/assess/develop the technology;
- Support the financement of local initiatives;
- Generate a self-running growth engine for AgriTech in Africa.
- Start-ups operating in Africa;
- Only start-ups can participate in this challenge, meaning innovative solution or service less than 5 years of existence.
Short video with 2 topics: Start-up presentation / How do you solve the problem? Video should be in any of the following format: mpg, mpeg, mp4, mov and be 10MB max. You can also share the organizers a “Wetransfer” link or a Youtube video
Deck pitch: 8 slides max (ppt, pdf) – 10MB max
Interested start-ups can apply here
More Tech Events:
- 30 Start-ups to Pitch at 2018 DEMO Africa Conference in Morocco
- African Startups Can Now Apply to Participate and Pitch at Finnovation Event in Ethiopia
- Zone Tech Park unveils in Lagos, invests $6.5million in supporting startups
- Egyptian Start-up, Mowarrid Raises $2.3m Investment Round
- Facebook Unveils Team To Prevent Data Leaks
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.