StarTimes and the Association of African Universities (AAU) have partnered to scale access to higher education. They signed a Memorandum of Understanding to ensure that University students in Africa gain access to higher educational materials.
Established in 1967, the Association of African Universities currently has over 400 African higher institutions registered under its auspices. It will provide the educational videos on a range of disciplines, accessible on StarTimes ON streaming application for free. This initiative will enable students to develop skills and gain knowledge using resources from several institutions across the continent.
“The partnership with StarTimes comes at a time when access to educational content is in high demand as most educational activities have moved online as a result of the outbreak of COVID-19 and its unprecedented outcomes. AAU is open to partnerships with institutions whose core mandates align with our aspirations,” said the Secretary-General of the Association of African Universities (AAU), Prof. Etienne EhouanEhile.
According to Luis Lu, the Vice President of StarTimes, they intend to leverage this initiative to expand access to knowledge via AAU approved content. StarTimes will air relevant educational video content curated by distinguished scholars to ensure equal access to all levels of education.
AAU will utilize its TV platform, AAU Television (AAU TV), and produce quality and relevant videos to strengthen higher education in the continent.
More on TechGist Africa:
- Three African Startups Will Pitch at World Bank’s Agriculture Innovation Challenge
- Crenov8 Joins in the Fight Against COVID-19, Unveils Smart Disinfection Gate
- Solar Leasing Startup Sun Exchange Secures $3 Million Funding, Set to Expand across Africa
- Uzoma Dozie’s Sparkle Officially Launches in Nigeria, Secures CBN License
- Novastar Ventures Secures $108 Million Funding to Invest in Startups across East & West Africa
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.