The Facebook Accelerator Program had 36 participants from Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America.
The initiative creates a platform where Facebook provides the necessary support required by startups through connecting, training, and developing entrepreneurs who are focused on building the startup ecosystem and creating innovative solutions to solve relevant challenges in communities.
Michael B. Huang, Head of Startup Programmes at Facebook, in describing the initiative said, “Over the course of three months, we’re bringing together innovative commerce startups in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America to help create a unified shopping experience across all Facebook apps.
Throughout the virtual program, the selected startups will have access to a dedicated Facebook mentor, comprehensive training, Facebook’s suite of products and technologies, and a valuable network of product experts and fellow founders to connect with.” The shortlisted Startups are listed below:
- South Africa BoxCommerce: The platform for SMEs to create eCommerce websites and combines site development, payment, shipping, and shop management for businesses to seamlessly manage their sites.
- South Africa ShoppingFeeder: A multi-channel marketing platform for online stores.
- Egypt Botme: The platform enables chatbot building and helps small and medium-sized businesses to build chatbots and publish them on Messenger and WhatsApp.
- Egypt Convertedin: An ad automation platform for retailers and eCommerce businesses.
- Egypt WideBot: Encourages businesses to build AI-enabled chatbots that communicate in formal and informal Middle Eastern languages.
- Kenya Digiduka: Digiduka assists kiosks, in Africa by providing access to digital inventory and have the capability to process digital payments easily and cost-effectively.
- Kenya OkHi: The system aims to amplify commerce via enhanced logistics to finance by better personal identification.
- Ghana FeedGeni: It is a product feed generator that assists online merchants to increase product visibility and sales by uploading their products list on shopping engines.